(NCC Unit of Shri Chhatrapati Shivaji College was established in the academic year 1984-85)
Unity & Discipline
The NCC aims at developing character, comradeship, discipline, a secular outlook, the spirit of adventure and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens. Further, it aims at creating a pool of organized, trained and motivated youth with leadership qualities in all walks of life, who will serve the Nation regardless of which career they choose. Needless to say, the NCC also provides an environment conducive to motivating young Indians to join the armed forces.
1) To develop Character, Comradeship, Discipline, Leadership, Secular Outlook, Spirit of Adventure amongst the youth of the country.
2) To create trained human resource
3) To provide leadership in all walks of life that available for the service to the nation.
4) To motivate the youth to take career in Defence Services
1) The unit is under the command of 53 Maharashtra Battalion, NCC, Latur, belonging to Aurangabad group Headquarter. Capt. Mr. D. S. Chittampalle is working as Platoon Commander since 2014.
2) We are proud that our college is a part of national level organization to have NCC unit in the region of Omerga-Lohara Taluka.
The strength unit is 54 cadets, which presided by 53 Maharashtra Battalion, Latur. The students are enrolled in NCC those who fulfil the following conditions.
• He must be Citizen of India or subject to Nepal.
• He must have good character.
• His age should be 15-21 year
• He should be physically fit.
The media of instruction to Cadets is Hindi.
There are three year training period. The cadets are trained with the syllabus laid down by NCC organization. The Cadets are trained with drill, weapon training, map reading, field craft, self-defence, yoga & Pranayama, first aid, environmental conservation, national integrity, leadership, and disaster management, 0.22 firing, civil defence etc. The above syllabus is taught in 40 period of 2 hours or minutes from July-January. The parade days and timing of NCC units is
After completing two year training period with minimum 75 % attendance and one annual training camp, the cadets can appear for ‘B’ certificate examination. After 3 year training with minimum 75 % attendance and 2 annual training camp, the cadet appear for ‘C’ Certificate examination. Both B & C certificates are conducted on state level. Battalion appoints one NCC Officer for teaching & training to cadets. Every year different types of training camps held on regional, state, & national level. The unit of our college also use ICT based teaching aids.
15 August- Independence Day, 26 January-Republic day, 1 December-Aids rally, 2 October-Nonviolence rally, Cleanliness Campaign, Vaccination, Corona Awareness, Blood Donation Camp and Awareness, Voter Awareness Rally etc.